After Feature Activation Web Part is missing

May 5, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Hi,

I deployed this web part on SharePoint 2010 using SharePoint powershell, then deployed in on certain web application.

Went to site collection features and activated the FCSF.SharePoint.PopularPages Feature, now logically the web part should appear. Once i click on Insert web part i cant find it whats the problem ???

May 6, 2011 at 12:24 AM

I am not sure. I haven't tested it (yet) with 2010 - it is on my to-do list, along with fixing a known bug, and hopefully making the configuration more "SharePoint-like."

Were there any errors in the SharePoint logs?

May 6, 2011 at 6:28 AM

To tell you the truth, i do not know exactly what to search for in the SharePoint Logs, if you could tell me what to search for may be we could work together to know why the web part is not being displayed.

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Hi! I have deployed in my server this solution and I think you have forgotten to import the webpart which is into C:\...\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\PopularPages.

Dec 13, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Interesting, because that IS in the .ddf file (last line), and is supposed to "just work." Feel free to fix! :)

My goal for this is to update it someday for SP2010, but my life right now is realistically not going to let that happen any time soon.

Thanks!